Wednesday 23 January 2013

About Me!


Hi and welcome to my kitchen diary.
Who am I?
I was born in Manipal, on the Karnataka coast to the most wonderful parents and brought up all around the country thanks to my dad's job in a bank. Childhood had a set of ever increasing friends and lots of memories of irritating my dear brother. :)
Like any other gal, I wanted to be different things at different points- poet, painter, journalist, lawyer, doctor but ended up being a engineer. The only thing constant from childhood to adult(?)hood is a love for writing and reading.
In 2011, I found my own prince charming :) but after the wedding came the big hurdle… Cooking!!! Momma's lil princess was used to piping hot food on demand. And here, she had to be the supplier... Lots of lessons and trials later, I became the cook I am now.. As good as the hubbyJ  Yes, you read it right and no he did not make me say it, he is excellent at whipping out wonderful dishes out of thin air!
Why cooking lessons
Well.. Most of the recipes that you can see here have been taught.. By ma, or mom in law, hubby, dad and the countless indian food blogs out there that i enjoy going through… And some are my own… Yay me! So basically, this blog is just a notebook for all the cooking lessons that I have learnt!
I realized that my system of maintaining notes on these cooking lessons was outdated, messy and potentially catastrophic... Imagine if I lose one page of a lengthy recipe.. Shudder… Thus, began this blog…
Contents
This blog will contain vegetarian recipes and some with eggs. All recipes here have been made by me or the hubby and can be medium to high on the spice scale. Wherever applicable, I shall try to mention the source. In case you feel that there is something wrong/missing please let me know and I shall recheck and rectify.
All the pictures (precious few) that are present on this blog are proprietary and do ask me if you want to use it elsewhere. I look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to comment and/or mail me at mycookinglessonsblog@gmail.com. I shall respond as soon as I can!!

Do drop by and say hello again!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment